1 head of cauliflower, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves minced garlic
3 cups vegetable broth
1. Put everything thing in a large pot and bring to boil
2. Reduce to low and simmer for about 30min.
3. Puree everything in a blender
4. Season with salt and pepper, if needed
** For the broth I use a powdered broth made by Rapunzel. I add 3 teaspoon to 3 cups of water.
** If you aren't worried about making this vegetarian you can use chicken broth.
** This soup is really tasty and simple. My kids love it, even the baby. But it doesn't keep great as leftovers so eat it right away.
Pita Pizzas are even quicker. We start off with store bought whole wheat pitas. You can find these at most stores. If you are really ambitious (I'm not) you can make your own homemade pitas. My sister has a great recipe for those here. We use store bought spaghetti sauce as well. This Ragu below is great because it has no added sugar. Again if you are ambitious (I'm not). You can make your own sauce).
Pita Pizza Recipe
1. Lay out whole wheat pitas on cookie sheet.
2. Spread sauce on.
3. For dairy eaters sprinkle with shredded cheese of choice. We get a Tilamook Medium Cheddar baby loaf from Costco.
4. For non-dairy eaters pile on the veggies. My favorites are mushrooms, artichokes, red, yellow, or orange peppers, onions, and tomatoes.
5. Brush veggies with extra virgin olive oil
6. Sprinkle veggies with salt, pepper and basil
7. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes
8. Then take out the cheese ones
9. For the veggie pizzas switch the oven to broil and watch them so they don't burn.
** We usually eat these at least once a week. I usually toss up a salad to go with it.