Sometimes I just miss creamy dishes and so lately I have been on the hunt for creamy vegan dishes.
I got this recipe from OhSheglows.com . It is super fast and easy. Here it is with my adjustments.
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish ( I didn't have lemon zest and I just used bottled lemon juice)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- ~1/4 cup Fresh Basil, ( I used a couple shakes of dried basil)
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
** I doubled this recipe.
** This doesn't reheat very well. But I loved it the next day cold.
** My kids didn't love this but it was a big hit with me and the husband. This was so creamy and yummy. It was a nice change from all the tomato sauce we have been eating.