Thursday, February 3, 2011

I've finally found the love of a life time - Favorite Vinaigrette


We eat a lot of salads over here and we try to only eat homemade salad dressings since store bought ones usually have yucky stuff in them. We have tried a couple of different dressing recipes that have been alright and then I came across this one from greensmoothie girl and it was love at first bite.

Basil-Parmesan Vinaigrette
1/2 -3/4 cup basil leaves ( I just used about 1 tsp. dried basil)
1 cup oil (2 Tbsp. flax, the remainder olive)
½ cup Parmesan cheese
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 clove garlic
¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
¼ tsp. sea salt

Put in frig to blend flavors for 2 hours.

** Post edit - I was feeling kind of bad about the parmesan cheese in this so tonight I didn't put it in. The kids still loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment