Sunday, April 3, 2011

Meatless Monday - Vegan Lasagna and Weigh in Update

I got this amazing lasagna recipe from Liz. She is the one I got the "not" mac n cheese from so I was pretty sure this would be good. I made it last week when we had my friend over for dinner. She was a good sport about being my guinea pig. This is not a quick recipe and dinner was late but it was oh so worth it.

The original recipe calls for pine nuts in the "ricotta cheese"  recipe but I didn't have any so I used cashews. It was still so good.

Go here for the recipe.


** This was seriously so good. We all had several helpings and my husband and I keep talking about it.

* If you don't want to taste the coconut oil at all, use refined coconut oil. It is not as healthy but it is still better than most other oils.

WEIGHT LOSS

Now as far as my weight loss update. No news is good news. Right? So I weighed in exactly the same weight as last week. Oh well. At least I didn't gain. In trying to figure out why I didn't lose last week I came up with 3 possibilities. It is probably due to all three.

1. It was my birthday week and I indulged a bit. Especially on the car ride up to Minneapolis. I mean there is something about car trips that make me constantly stuff my face with junk food. Am I the only one?

2. I didn't exercise that much last week. I am finding it hard to fit in my exercise but that is a post for another day.

3. I didn't keep track of what I was eating. I think this is key. Keeping track of what I am eating is key to my weight loss I think. It helps me be more aware of changes I need to make earlier in my week.

4 comments:

  1. Hurray! I'm so glad you loved the lasagna! It is definitely not a quick recipe, but you are right that it is worth it. A great company dish, since I think it would be enjoyed by vegans and omnivores alike. Good to know the ricotta turned out well with cashews, too. Next time I make this, I will make good use of my new food processor and make a double recipe to freeze for another night. Again, glad it was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. K, this looks delicious! When I get my new blender, I am totally digging in! www.avocadosandalmonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz - thanks so much for the recipe. My husband wants me to make a double batch next week when my mom comes for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat constantly when I am on a road trip and it's never anything good for me. I eat things when traveling by car that I would never normally put in my mouth otherwise. I'm not sure what the deal is with that.

    Jealous mom is coming for a visit. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete