Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Kale Chips


I got this recipe from Averie at Loves Veggies and Yoga. They are really good. I made them the other night for my mom and my friend, Carly. They bothe loved them. I have made them both in the oven and the dehydrator. I like the taste of the dehydrator ones better and they are better for you.

Averie’s Raw Vegan Kale Chips Recipe for 2 Bunches of Kale
1 c cashews (soaked for a few hours)
1 Medium Red Pepper
Juice of half a lemon (2 Tbsp)

1/4 c Nutritional Yeast

1 Tsp Salt (or to taste)

Wash the kale & remove tough stalks, de-seed the red pepper, drain off your soaked cashews
Put all the Ingredients into a blenderor Food Processor & Blend everything together Apply the coating to the kale
Put on Dehydrator Screens and Dehydrate until done, flipping once after a couple hours. 
Or, Bake In a 300F Oven for 20 Minutes, Flipping, and Then Baking Another 10 Minutes or so.  


** It didn't take that long in the dehydrator, just about 3 hours.


** Last time I made this I had a lot of the sauce leftover. I ate it later with raw veggies as a dip and it was great.

3 comments:

  1. I choose these over any other chip. They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like a blog stalker, but this is so good I just had to comment further. I made this recipe tonight with the ingredients exactly as written. I don't have a dehydrator, so I baked the kale in the oven. I baked each batch for 18 minutes at 275, as my oven runs hot. The kale chips came out perfect, so perfect! This was the only thing I ended up making for dinner tonight because after we ate, we were so full! Go cashews!

    I made these tonight for my mom, myself, and my almost two-year old daughter. We scarfed them without realizing, until I started to make another batch to put in the oven and couldn't find more kale--it was gone! We ate an entire bunch of kale without noticing. When my daughter realized there wasn't more kale to eat, she started to cry. When an almost two-year old tantrums because there's no more KALE, you know the recipe is a hit!

    I don't have a food processor, but a grinder and regular blender worked just fine in combining and processing the ingredients. A little goes a long way in terms of flavor for the kale. The spread is really good on whole grain seed bread that I buy and other raw veggies. I also tried it with raw kale and the result was oh so good. I'm excited to try it on rye crackers with hummus and cucumber as well. I wonder if there's a way to turn this into a pimento spread. Yummy.

    Heather, I have really missed vegan and vegetarian eating. I used to be so strict with my diet and it really paid off in helping my PCOS. Thank you so, so much for sharing these amazing recipes and creating this blog. Every thing you have listed is amazing, honestly.

    ReplyDelete