Friday, May 13, 2011

Weigh in, keeping track, and sweet potato fries

So I weighed myself this morning and I lost 3 pounds last week. I am very happy. So far I have lost 14 pounds. I am almost to my goal weight but I would like to go even lower. We'll see. It is kind of boring to talk about my weight so much so  I will stop.

So last week I kind of threw out the challenge of keeping a food journal. Did anyone do it? I did, although not faithfully the whole week. But I will tell you, keeping a journal really keeps you honest with yourself and helps you to realize a lot of things about your eating patterns.

So here is a sample of one of my days last week. I could do the whole week but that would be boring and long to type and I am a bit lazy. So there you have it.

Friday May 6 I ate:
Breakfast - oatmeal with almond milk and a banana
Lunch - Green smoothie, green salad with hard boiled egg
Dinner - stuffed grape leaves, Caesar salad, and some kale chips

 As I was looking back at my journal I realized that I actually didn't do a great job keeping track all week. So I am going to renew my efforts this week. and I renew my challenge to you: keep a food journal for one day. You can do it!!

Anyhow here is a yummy and easy recipe:


Sweet Potato Fries

5 - 6 sweet potatoes, sliced like fries
1/4 cup coconut oil
1 tsp sea salt

Put the oil and salt in a large zip lock bag and mix up. Then dump in sliced fries and mix up with the oil. Bake on a oiled cookie sheet at 425 degrees for 20 - 30 minutes. Flipping once during cooking time. You might want to cook them longer if you like them really crispy.

* The coconut oil is really yummy with these!

3 comments:

  1. I didn't loose any weight again this week. Augh!!! I hope my body is just reacting to me exercising and building more muscle and that next week I will see some scale movement.

    BTW, I hate to say it but those sweet potato fries look like lardons. :) I have a few sweet potatoes in the pantry - I just might make these for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, 14 pounds! Oh my gosh. That is fantastic. I am jealous. I think I will go eat some sweet potato fries.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the loss. 14 pounds is A LOT. I discovered recently that sweet potatoes go GREAT with coconut oil. These look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete